I loved this braided hairstyle that Nicole Kidman wore recently at the Cannes Film Festival.
Today, I was inspired to adapt it (as in, make it easier). The weather has been rainy and humid, which is the worst for my naturally curly hair.
I was super casual about this, so it’s a bit messy, with visible pins all over the place. But, it only took 10 minutes and was super easy. Here’s how I did it.
1) Create a lace braid extending diagonally from just above the left ear to just below the right ear.
2) Change the direction of the braid, and change the direction from which you are pulling hair into the braid (i.e., start pulling from the bottom).
3) When you have incorporated all the hair, secure the ponytail with an elastic.
4) Separate the ponytail into three sections and create three smaller braids.
5) Coil them into a bun and pin.
My hair is about the same length, thickness, and texture as Nicole Kidman’s appears to be (I could totally rock her Days of Thunder hair), and after testing this, I would not be surprised if the stylist added some temporary extensions to Nicole’s bun so there would be more braids to coil around.
Do I get bonus points for adding video?!?
Disclaimer: I do not own the rights to this song (obviously).